The Perfect Mussels Recipe
This week our talented Head Chef provides the perfect recipe to serve as a starter or light main course, which is a firm favourite when on the menu at SEVENTEEN. This week’s dish is a simple dish ‘Mussels with Saffron’, which is sure to impress friends and family, without too much hard work in the kitchen!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves or black garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 2 pinches of saffron threads
- 3 lbs of fresh mussels
- 2 tablespoons curly parsley, chopped
- Rinse the mussels under cold water to ensure they are clean
- Melt the butter in a large pot, add the shallots, garlic, salt and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the mustard and wine bring to a boil then add the saffron.
- Add the mussels and stir to combine, cover and cook for about 2 minutes, or until they have opened.
- Toss the mussels with the parsley and serve immediately.
Make sure to try our mussels and many other fresh and seasonal dishes on our A La Carte menu at SEVENTEEN, you can enjoy 2 courses for £19 or 3 for £25 every Saturday evening!
To book please call 01892 520 587.